- 25+ drills that progress through tee, soft toss, front toss, live arm, and machine
- See a twist on the front toss drill to help create game-like pressure
- Learn a short batting cage BP that will help your players to make adjustments to speed and spin of the ball
- Train your players to drive the ball - no matter where in the zone it's pitched
with Ed Servais, Creighton University Head Coach;
4x Missouri Valley Conference Coach of the Year; 2011 MVC Tournament and regular season Champions; two NCAA Tournament appearances; NCAA Record .984 Team Fielding Percentage (2009)
What is the hardest thing to do in all of sports? Hit a baseball. Creighton University Head Baseball Coach Ed Servais presents 25 hitting drills you can use with your team to improve their hitting. This DVD provides coaches with tee, soft toss, front toss, and batting practice drills.
You will see a brief but highly informative breakdown of "The Big 5"— Creighton's Five Foundations for Hitting Success. Coach Servais (along with Spencer Allen, the Creighton hitting coach) covers everything from how to put the ball on the tee to the swing's finish. Here you will find clear demonstrations of each drill, but you get more than drills. You will learn the precise coaching points that will help your players focus and make the drills most effective. The drills are covered in a progression type format in four areas:
- Tee Drills - Perfect lower and upper body technique to improver your players' swings.
- Soft Toss Drills - Help each hitter with their balance, timing, and pitch selection.
- Front Toss Drills - Used to reinforce the hitter's mechanics, timing, and pitch selection and aides in tracking the baseball.
- Live and Machine Drills - Incorporate all of the skills used in the various drills, but with a ball thrown at greater speed. These drills are also used to improve pitch recognition and tracking skills.
The goal of the drills is to help simplify hitting by providing game-like drills to help a hitter establish and maintain rhythm and timing while a pitcher is trying to disrupt it. These drills will help any hitter take positive, productive, and mechanically correct swings. All of these drills are proven effective and ready for you to put in place immediately.
Coach Servias has had great success at Creighton University and these hitting drills are a part of it. From the tee to the machine—and everything in between—you can use these drills to make sure your players practice with a purpose, develop their skills and improve your team's offensive production.66 minutes. 2013.Baseball Videos