- Learn how fundamental skills and positions can be used for success at the elite level
- Create seamless transitions from set-up, to takedown, to turns to pins
- Learn how to score back points by transitioning from the feet to the turk in any situation
- Learn to apply collegiate style technique to freestyle matches and vice versa
with Terry Brands,
University of Iowa Associate Head Coach;
2015 Big Ten Co-Champions, 3x NCAA Champions (2008-10);
Bronze Medalist 2000 Olympic Games;
2X World Champion;
2X NCAA Champion at University of Iowa
Discover how to use the momentum of a takedown to score back points.
One of the biggest misconceptions in wrestling is that the differences between folkstyle and freestyle makes it hard to be good at both. In this instructional wrestling DVD, Olympic Bronze medalist Terry Brands demonstrates that is not the case.
Coach Brands covers the key to success to both styles - transitional wrestling. To achieve success at any level, in any arena, you need to make a seamless transitions from set-up, to takedown, to turns to pins.
Brands teaches the philosophy and techniques you need to be a great wrestler in both the freestyle and folkstyle arenas. He focuses on four areas:
- High Crotch - Learn head and hand placement to start turns earlier.
- Double Leg - See how to get into the best position for back points.
- Trap Arm Gut/Wings- Learn to catch the arm and drive to the mat to get tilts and falls.
- Power Singles and Extended Singles - Learn the key to producing drive and power in your singles.
Throughout the DVD, Brands demonstrates technique for both freestyle and folkstyle and shows you the fundamental positions that will move you closer to becoming an elite wrestler.
Wrestlers struggle when they wrestle in "chunks." Learn to eliminate that philosophy to expand scoring opportunities.
This DVD is for all wrestlers aspiring to get to the "elite" level.
68 minutes. 2010.Wrestling Videos