- Keep all of your athletes moving and occupied during practice
- Help your players to perform better under pressure and make quick, effective decisions
- Play faster, improve your team defense and score more goals!
with Jim Berkman, Salisbury University Head Coach; 2016 DIII National Champions;
All-time winningest coach in men's lacrosse history (over 450 wins);
11x National Championship Coach (D-III); including five championships in six years (2003-08);
3x Division III National Coach of the Year (2012, 1991, 2008);
distinguished member of the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame (2013); has coached 9 national players of the year
In this instructional lacrosse DVD you will see more than 15 intense drills using offensive and defensive players matched against each other in a competitive game-like atmosphere. Coach Berkman emphasizes the importance of communication, footwork and keeping the goalie at bay in all of his team drills.
You will see a variety of drills designed to keep everyone moving in numerous situations and concentrating on:
- Making quick decisions on ground balls
- Rotating on defense and keeping sticks on the inside
- Shooting quicker to take advantage of numbers in the box
- Receiving the ball with soft hands
- Unsettled situations for both offense and defense
- A 1-on-1 drill for middies
- Hedging screens on a pick and clip action
- Clearing the ball on defense
- Break outs and face-offs
- and more!
See how practicing in small spaces with a game-like atmosphere will teach your players to perform better under pressure and make quicker more effective decisions with the ball. Learn how important it is to keep your players interacting throughout practice.
Using these drills will bring out the true potential of each player and, most importantly, help your team score more goals.
58 minutes. 2011.Lacrosse Videos