Be the best you can be and change the lives of those around you
- Use the "life rope" to measure the time you have left to impact the world
- Create your own definition of "coach" to shape how you serve your players
- Embrace six essential coaching concepts to improve your practices and develop your players as individuals
- Autographed by Coach Jarvis!
With Mike Jarvis,
former Head Coach at St. John's and George Washington; America East Coach of the Year (1990); 2x American East Tournament Champion; 2000 Big East regular season Champion
Everyone needs a head coach. Coaches mentor individuals to more than just winning games. They shape young men and women for a life beyond basketball.
Throughout his fascinating 45-year career, Coach Mike Jarvis has experienced what it feels like to be on top of the world. He also knows what it's like on the other end of college basketball's vast spectrum (and every place in between). Through it all, he has come to some significant conclusions about the true meaning of life.
In the book Everybody Needs A Head Coach, Coach Jarvis shares stories from his incredible run as a championship high school coach and his successful years as the leader of four NCAA Division I programs that have included interactions with high profile figures such as Red Auerbach, Patrick Ewing, Michael Jordan, Ron Artest, Mike Krzyezewski, Adrian Branch, Sam Jones, Rumeal Robinson, and Matt Damon. But more importantly, Coach Jarvis and co-author Chad Bonham turn those experiences into 23 life-affirming lessons that reflect relevant biblical principles such as determination, forgiveness, leadership, community, respect, commitment, justice, encouragement, humility, grace, legacy and purpose that provide ample opportunities for individual and team studies.
Everybody Needs a Head Coach (DVD)
Included with the book is a DVD lecture featuring coach Jarvis at the 2016 Nike Championship Basketball Coaches clinic in Las Vegas. This presentation provides an overview of the book. It blends core values, plans, opportunities, perseverance and faith.
In this presentation you will discover:
- Key characteristics ambitious young coaches need to climb the coaching ladder
- Tools that help with daily motivation, self-improvement and legacy building
- Your purpose as a coach and how that can help you motivate and teach your players
Coach Jarvis offers something more valuable than his best offenses and defenses. And he does it with a zeal that will inspire you to excel.
259 pages + 36 minutes. 2015.Basketball Videos