- Learn how to make your drills competitive to get the most from your players in practice
- Discover great ideas for using game-like situations in practice to effectively prepare your team for games
- Learn how to develop and measure practice goals to help you and your team stay focused in practice
- Over three hours of instruction including marker board and live practice footage!
with Sandy Miller, East Stroudsburg University Head Coach,
2001 NCAA DII Runner Up, One of only four Division II coaches with over 300 career wins, 2x NCAA Champion as a player
Sandy Miller delivers an overview of the key concepts, drills and skills that have made her program so successful. Coach Miller shares her positive and fun coaching strategy and motivation that can be adapted for any age level.
You will learn how to conduct a competitive practice session, how to explain drills to your players, set goals for them, and provide feedback. Miller provides a rich combination of skills and drills, and the theory behind them.
The drills are diagrammed in the classroom and then demonstrated on the field during a live Warriors' practice. Miller and her assistant coach offer verbal cues for the players to improve their technique, encourage their best efforts and point out keys to success for the viewer.
Coach Miller provides practice planning guidance for coaches and drills in areas such as:
- Ball control
- Dynamic passing and receiving
- Goal scoring
- Feints, body positioning, footwork
- Tactics for field players
- Team skills - Offensive
- Team skills - Defensive
All of these drills are presented during one of Miller's structured, competitive practice sessions that coaches can use as a model to plan their own successful practices. Order now and get proven skills, drills and tactics you can implement immediately into your program.
199 minutes (2 DVDs). 2012.Field Hockey Videos