- Learn how to train players to shoot the ball effectively even from a less-than-perfect position
- Learn how to develop shooting confidence with game-like situations involving both a passer and shooter
- Every drill is presented on white board in very simple, easy to understand terms and then followed up with the on-field implementation
with Ainslee Lamb, Boston College Head Coach;
has served as the head coach for the U.S. National Team at the U17, U19 and U21 levels.
In this dynamic presentation, Boston College Head Coach Ainslee Lamb shares 11 drills for developing a shooting zone philosophy that considers not only the shooter but where the ball is coming from as well. Learn how to create shooting opportunities and develop a more sophisticated offense that's harder for goalies to make plays against by getting your shooter and passer working together.
Using whiteboard explanations and on-field demonstration, Coach Lamb explains the importance of creating a shooting zone. She also defines the expectations for each athlete when they are in the shooting zone and approaching it. In addition, she shares drills that cover a variety of game-like shooting situations. In this DVD, you'll learn:
- the importance of creating a shooting zone and the expectations of players when they're in it
- shooting opportunities developed from deflections
- how to train players to score off rebounds
- how to use reverse stick, sweeps and traps to control the ball and create shooting opportunities
- to utilize back space from defensive positions to score
Coach Lamb also covers the offensive strategies and expectations that guide the action of players when they attack from the top of circle as well as how they can execute early and develop the timing they need to be a serious offensive threat.
Listen in as players are given detailed tips to improve their shooting. Coach Lamb encourages awareness of each shooter's specific style so they can fine-tune their own development. She focuses on fundamentals like winding up to shoot the ball, adjusting footwork, creating momentum and torque and keeping the stick close to ball while preparing to shoot.
Coach Lamb provides enough detail and layers in each drill to provide value across all ages and skill levels. You'll discover something new every time you return to her DVD. By practicing the details specific to each shot and then building a progressive drill that allows the athlete to see where each shot is most effective, you get a comprehensive instructional DVD that will help players at all levels improve their shooting ability.
68 minutes. 2013.Field Hockey Videos