- Learn 20 drills that Tim Walton has used to produce teams that rank in the Top 10 nationally in hitting
- Find the power potential in all your hitters
- Learn the necessary fundamentals for developing bat speed and power
- Understand and develop the five elements of a great power hitter
with Tim Walton, University of Florida Head Coach;
2015 National Champions - Back-to-Back WCWS Titles (2014-15);
2017 SEC Coach of the Year, 5x SEC Coach of the Year;
6x SEC Champions; has led Florida to eight Women's College World Series appearances;
over 800 career wins; 2015 USA Softball Junior Women's National Team Assistant Coach
Make solid contact with every swing.
Step into the batter's box with the University of Florida Head Coach Tim Walton as he presents techniques and drills to improve your power hitting.
This instructional DVD features 20 drills to develop the basic needs for a power hitter. Walton's drills focus on training:
- Eyes - Improve pitch selection and hit more "good pitches" harder.
- Base - Develop a solid stride and proper balance to transfer weight and stay on the ball longer.
- Timing - Allow your batter's upper half and lower half to work together in a smooth swing.
- Strength - Build bat speed.
- Hands - Develop strong, fast hands to get through impact.
These drills also address elements such as stance, opposite field power, having a hitting plan, plate coverage, rhythm and more.
A great power hitter can feel their swing and understand when one of these elements is not quite right. These drills will help isolate a player's focus to a specific area. Walton explains the focus and attention required by both the player and the coach for each drill.
Walton's power hitting system has produced a teams that ranked in the Top 10 nationally in home runs, slugging and scoring.
Maximize each at-bat for your team!
78 minutes. 2010.Softball Videos