- Learn how to teach the proper stance, technique and alignments for the defensive line, defensive secondary and linebacker positions
- Learn how to train your defensive linemen to get off a block and explode to the quarterback or ball carrier
- Discover ball drills and turnover drills for youth players
with Mike Pope, Wingate University Assistant Coach;
Director of the Hawg Tuff Camps and Challenges; 40-year coaching veteran at the collegiate and high school levels
A 40-year coaching veteran, Mike Pope provides detailed instruction for any youth level coach. His experience and development of young athletes is second to none.
In a youth football camp format, Mike Pope breaks down the techniques that are essential in developing effective young players at each defensive position.
- Defensive Line - Coach breaks down stance and start and provides moves to get off a block and be explosive to the quarterback or ball carrier. He stresses the importance of training the defensive lineman to react to movement.
- Linebackers - Pope covers the fundamentals of the stance and the first step of linebacker play. He touches on playing both the run and the pass from the linebacker position.
- Defensive Backs - Pope demonstrates a variety of aspects of defensive back play from man coverage to making interceptions. He teaches the proper technique for back pedaling and breaking on the football.
Each position breakdown is detailed from stance and start to the essential tackling techniques and includes a number of drills to reinforce the techniques.
This is a great video for any coach who is looking to coach youth league football or just improve their knowledge of the fundamentals of the game. Start developing your young players into championship players today!
27 minutes. 2014.Football Videos