- Blend your goalie's individual techniques and responsibilities into your team concept
- Discover drills to improve footwork and to get your keepers a lot of touches in a short amount of time
- Set up a variety of shot stopping situations using coach-controlled and athlete-controlled exercises
- See how to incorporate your keeper into attacking principles
- Know when to catch and when to redirect shots
with John Murphy, Georgia Southern University Head Coach;
former Clemson University Assistant Men's Soccer Coach;
He holds a UEFA Professional Badge from the Scottish Football Association, a U.S. Soccer "A" License, NSCAA Advanced National Diploma and is the first foreign born coach to earn a UEFA "A" Goalkeeper Coaching Badge from the English Football Association.
When training your goalkeepers, you have to take your whole team into consideration. Using live demonstrations, John Murphy guides you through a thorough goalkeeper practice that will help you blend your keepers into a team concept.
This progressive session begins with footwork and ball handling exercises and then moves into the goal for some individual work. As the session progresses, Coach Murphy adds field players, expands the exercises to use more of the field, and then adds defenders as the exercises become more complex and game-like.
These live action exercises provide looks for your goal keepers from areas that are being exploited in today's game. Murphy takes the time to emphasize why he does these exercises and the important teaching points that will arise when you use them. His attention to detail will assist you in improving this often overlooked position.
Help yourself and your team by creating a positive environment for goalkeepers to grow and perform at their best.
54 minutes. 2012.Soccer Videos