- Learn the game faster and easier than ever before
- Gain velocity and accuracy on your shots and passes
- Reduce your turnovers by protecting your stick and controlling your cradle
with Beth Larkin,
Glen Ridge (NJ) High School Head Coach; 2012 and 2011 Group 1 State Champions, 2x Essex County Champions, 2010 New Jersey Coach of the Year
Beth Larkin focuses on stick skills to build essential lacrosse fundamentals for girls.
Coach Larkin shows you how to improve stick control, gain velocity and improve accuracy on shots and passes, and how to shield your stick from a defender by emphasizing hand placement on the stick using the Crosse Trainer. The Crosse Trainer is a color-coded, removable wrap that fastens to the shaft of your stick to reinforce correct hand positioning for beginning players.
For players, the Crosse Trainer provides a clear visual aid helping to identify the specific location to effectively position their hands. The Crosse Trainer makes correcting hand position easier and more effective by giving specific direction and feedback on hand placement. At a glance, coaches can see where players are holding their sticks, making it easier to reinforce proper technique.
While this DVD features the Crosse Trainer wrap to teach hand placement, it doesn't end there. Directing youth players through on-field demonstrations, Coach Larkin breaks down each skill with attention to detail and reasons why each skill needs to be performed in the manner shown. Each drill is explained in context relating to progressively more challenging skills. Her instruction effectively covers:
- Ground Balls - Learn proper hand placement on the stick, body positioning and movement through the ball while anticipating pressure.
- Cradling - Correct common cradling errors and discover drills that will help your players transition from ground ball pick up into effective cradling technique.
- Defensive Positioning - Control your opponent and make them react to you.
- Shooting - Develop a powerful, accurate shot. Learn how hand position, foot position and follow through can improve your shot, whether you are outside or inside the eight.
Techniques are demonstrated mindful of the emphasis on player safety. Using clear direct examples, Coach Larkin explains the "safety sphere" that needs to be maintained around each player.
This DVD will provide the tools necessary to help coaches build better lacrosse players and help players strengthen their abilities.
76 minutes. 2013.Lacrosse Videos