- Train players to penetrate through and over defensive lines
- Encourage players to take on defenders in 1v1 situations
- Help players identify situations that can exploit the opposing defense
- Give players confidence to attack and finish
featuring Brandon Koons,
Otterbein University Head Woman's Soccer Coach;
2010 NCAA D-III Final Four; 6x OAC Conference Champs; 5x OAC Coach of the Year
Learn to breakdown modern, compact defenses! Brandon Koons shares his key fundamentals of creating an aggressive, attacking soccer team.
As modern defenses become more sophisticated and difficult to breakdown, it is essential to employ effective attacking methods in order to stay ahead of the competition. Coach Koons explains the key principles of creating a successful attack and then demonstrates how to coach them with your team.
Using a combination of lecture, diagrams, competition and practice footage, Koons outlines how to coach these key attacking principles to the advanced soccer player. You will see how to:
- Create opportunities to break the line of defense by dribbling, passing and shooting.
- Make runs to break apart the defense - stretch, check and threaten.
- Train players functionally to attack defenses.
- Encourage your players to take risks through dribbling and passing to beat defenders.
- Make runs ahead of the ball to create offensive opportunities.
Koons walks you step-by-step through the process of building an attacking culture, from warm-ups to drills and ending with small-sided games. You will see a warm up drill to help your players recognize simple runs they can make in a game situation, games that encourage players to beat their opponents 1 v 1 on the dribble, a shooting drill that is fast paced and creates many shooting opportunities for the players and much more.
In addition to the drills and games, this DVD features many clear and concise coaching points that you can instantly put into your coaching toolbox and apply to any attacking situation.
53 minutes. 2011.Soccer Videos