Get a defensive drill series to get players hundreds of daily repetitions!
- Learn eight ways for players to make putouts from the outfield
- Structure a practice routine that teaches cuts, back picks, and throwing around the bases
- Get a fungo and throwing drill series with live practice demonstration that will build fundamentally-sound infielders
with Jim Gantt,
Catawba College Head Coach, over 680 career wins;
7x South Atlantic Conference Coach of the Year;
2015 National Runner-up
Two-thirds of a baseball game is spent on defense. Thus, it makes sense to develop a sophisticated defense that can thrive under pressure, one that can seamlessly make putouts for the pitcher.
In this video, you will witness a relentless pursuit of positional performance that melds into solid team play. Using a progression of defensive drills, Jim Gantt provides throwing drills where outfielders relay throws to infielders, infielders make progression throws for putouts, catchers work on controlling the run game, and pitchers develop into outstanding fielders.
Drills to Defend
Coach Gantt provides a great resource for effective team defense, an attribute that will take any baseball team from good to great. Follow along as he shows off a drill series for all players to get hundreds of daily repetitions. You'll learn drills to develop team defense, enhance catcher effectiveness, and promote pitcher awareness on the mound. You'll also learn:
- How to work outfielders through a system to successfully complete "one long hop" to each base.
- A system to keep the double play in order on balls hit to the outfield.
- The PFP program that Catawba uses with all pitchers.
- "Star" drills that work on infielders making throws across the diamond to develop arm strength and accuracy.
- Relay drills that work on outfielders making accurate throws to the infield, reducing opponent offensive productivity.
- How to use a double infield to get a lot of reps for your infielders.
- Catcher drills that work on pitch reception, increasing pitcher effectiveness.
- Coach Gantt's approach for working freshmen into the team system.
- And more!
Never expect anything from your team that you don't teach them. This video from Coach Gantt will help all coaches prepare for everything defensively by working on relays, double-plays, bunt defense, and run-game control.
"I couldn't tell you who Coach Gantt was until this video. However, after watching I am a huge fan. This really was a quality video that broke down things into a simple but useful progression. The organization and simplicity made me a huge fan. The white board and matching practice segments really made me a believer. Great video!" - Customer Review
113 minutes. 2017.Baseball Videos