- Improve your Track & Field coaching!
- Learn from William Freeman!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
with Will Freeman,
Grinnell College Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach;former Chairman of USA Track & Field Coaching Education,
30 Midwest Conference titles in cross country and track and field, has coached beginners to national champions and was named the NCAA Division III Central Region Coach of the Year in 2010
This DVD features;
- Race Day mechanics
- Race Strategies (adjusting for conditions)
- Training Theory Basics
- Training progressions for anaerobic and threshold training
- Using the Summer to Succeed in the fall (training, communication with athletes and between athletes)
- Volume Progressions
- Strength work for CC (core, Med Ball, stability ball, lifting, hill work)
- Scheduling meets for success
- Warm-ups and Cool-downs
- Posture and Efficiency
- Balancing Team and Individual elements of the program
- Managing heat and humidity
- When to use charts and watches...and when not to
- Understanding restoration and recovery from work loads (ice baths, sports drinks, am runs after hard days, etc)
- Cross Training Misc: reflective vests late in season
104 minutes. 2012.Track & Field Videos