- Improve your Track & Field coaching!
- Learn from William Freeman!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
with Will Freeman,
Grinnell College Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach;former Chairman of USA Track & Field Coaching Education,
30 Midwest Conference titles in cross country and track and field, has coached beginners to national champions and was named the NCAA Division III Central Region Coach of the Year in 2010
This DVD features
- Building your program based on a Philosophy
- Team Building Strategies
- Building Traditions (weekly awards, top 7 shirts, start of season picnic with parents, movie night, tea party, study breaks, CC Yearbook, etc)
- How to Use Assistant Coaches
- How to choose and use captains
- Dealing with Parents and Administration
- Marketing your program (media, blogs, websites)
- Hosting home meets
- Finding a home course and training venues
- Nutrition and iron (ferritin testing)
- Recruiting Athletes for CC
- Community Service
- Meetings with athletes (plotting goals, developing relationships)
- Knowledge vs Wisdom in coaching
- Things I've learned in 30 years of coaching
- The Psychology of runners and coaching runners!
115 minutes. 2012.Track & Field Videos