Get the tools you need to dismantle the most tenacious zone defenses!
- Discover half-court sets to use against a zone that will keep opposing coaches and players guessing
- Learn how to attack a zone in transition and how to use high-to-low and low-to-high action for scoring chances
- See how ball screens can create mismatches and overload situations that lead to layups
with Chris Mack,
University of Louisville Head Coach;
former Xavier University Head Coach;
2018 Big East Coach of the Year; 2018 Big East Champions;
2016 USBWA Henry Iba National Coach of the Year award winner;
2011 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year; 2x Atlantic 10 Conference Champs (2010, '11);
2009-10 Basketball Times Rookie Coach of the Year,
tied the school record for the most wins ever by an Xavier rookie head coach (26).
Using his proven aggressive approach, Chris Mack shows how to destroy zone defenses by consistently scoring on layups and set plays. You'll see how Coach Mack works to get his players into an aggressive mentality versus the zone and discover the key areas of the floor that must be attacked in order to break any zone defense.
You'll learn drills, set offenses, baseline out of bound plays, transition breaks, and key offense actions that are designed to force any team out of their zone coverage. This isn't just a couple of plays, but rather, a guide to read and take advantage of natural weaknesses found in zone defenses.
Coach Mack covers:
- Carolina Wheel - A continuity zone offense that can be run to both sides. It attacks the gray areas when you bring the wing up and also attacks the short corner.
- Flash - A two-guard front that tries to get the ball to the logo of the key working to get open shots and high low action for the post players.
- How to ball screen the zone - Forces the second defender out of their area and picks on players trying to cover for one another. Bigs look to duck in and force the bottom defender to play wing and open the corner for a shot.
- Two set plays to run in a baseline out-of-bounds scenario.
- And more!
Each play is broken down into components as Mack shows initial reads and counters versus any type of zone shift. You'll be able to incorporate screen options and leverage player movement to pull defenders out of position and disrupt your opponent's game plan.
This video will help you raise your team's effectiveness against any zone your opponent might throw at you.
Produced at the Nike Championship Basketball Clinic in Cleveland (OH); Fall 2017
64 minutes. 2018.Basketball Videos