- Motion demonstrations and fun practice games/drills for young cheerleaders
- Jump instruction for the toe touch, herkie/side hurdler, front hurdler, and pike
- Introduction to basic standing & running tumbling, plus how to spot these skills for the novice coach and athlete!
with Britten Blackburn,
President/CEO at the Alabama Cheerleading Center and Head Coach of the Bama All Starz in Bessemer (AL);
former Auburn University cheerleader, Auburn University cheerleading coach, and a 9-year Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA) Head Instructor.
Prepare young athletes for cheerleading success with this comprehensive coaching video! Britten Blackburn offers examples and explanations in the following topics ...
Motion Technique - 20 motions!
- Arm and fist placement
- Common mistakes to prevent
- Games/Drills to practice motion knowledge and sharpness
- Toe Touch, Herkie/Side Hurdler, Front Hurdler, & Pike
- Proper arm placement
- How to get power from legs
- Pointing toes
- Good posture/balance
- Drills to improve strength & flexibility
- Progressions: Forward Roll, Handstand, Back Bend/Walkover, Back Handspring
- Spotting techniques for new to experienced tumblers
- Connecting a Round Off & Back Handspring
- Proper spotting techniques
This video is intended for coaches working with youth squads or cheerleaders with little to no prior cheer experience. This is also a great tool for a coach that has a limited cheerleading and/or tumbling background themselves and needs more information on these components and how to teach them!
60 minutes. 2014.Cheerleading & Dance Team Videos