- Add another dimension to your single leg takedown arsenal
- See five proven finishes to common single leg defenses
- Master five set-ups to hit the wrap arm against any opponent
with Eric Guerrero,
Oklahoma Regional Training Center Head Coach;
former Oklahoma State University Associate Head Coach;
Distinguished Member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame (2014);
3x NCAA Champ at Oklahoma St. (4x All American);
2004 Olympian; 2003 World Cup Champion;
2x USA FILA junior world freestyle champion;
head coach for the USA at the 2009 FILA Junior Freestyle World Championships
Eric Guerrero dominated the wrestling landscape from 1995 to 2005, winning three NCAA championships at Oklahoma State, two junior world freestyle championships, a world cup title and claiming a spot on the 2004 US Olympic team. Throughout this great run, Guerrero was nearly unstoppable from his feet. His go-to move was the wrap arm single.
Now, for the first time ever, Guerrero shares the secrets to this potent attack.
In this unique instructional wrestling DVD, Guerrero works backward starting with finishes for the wrap arm, moving to penetration technique, and finally covering set-ups.
Championships are won by the wrestler who can score from the situations that no one expects them to score from - if you can't finish a takedown, you can't score points. Guerrero takes you step-by-step through the proper technique to score from a wrap-arm single. You will learn the best grip to use, how to use leverage to finish the move and how to create angles that will give you the best opportunity to score on the mat.
Guerrero breaks down five common defenses to the wrap arm single and how to beat each for a score. You will learn what to do if your opponent tries to control the knee, hit a hip block, stuff your head and square up, grab on for a stalemate or peel your hands away. His counters focus on a limp arm action and constant motion to keep your opponent off balance.
Discover the key to making your opponent "buckle & brace" when you penetrate. Guerrero demonstrates a drill that will train you to go shoulder to thigh with your opponent setting you up for a quick change-off and finish.
Use inside control to effectively set-up your opponent for a wrap arm single. Guerrero shows how to disguise the wrap arm giving you the element of surprise.
From there he shows five set-up techniques:
- Elbow Push: Force your opponent to dig inside and draw his leg into you.
- Head Tap: Distracts your opponent, allowing you to drop to his leg.
- Wrist control: Roll your wrist outside to open up your opponent's leg.
- Wrist Pull: A very subtle set-up that triggers the instinct to defend the immediate position and opens up your opponent's leg for a score.
- Misdirection: "Sell" one side of the body, forcing your opponent to put his weight on the other side, keeping the leg planted in the mat and a stationary target to defend.
Coach Guerrero does an excellent job breaking down this technique. He shows you how to quickly get to your opponent's leg, which limits his chance to defend and improves your chances to score. Add it to your takedown library today!
45 minutes. 2010.Wrestling Videos