- Learn how to isolate essential skills using 14 individual and small-side practice drills
- Learn high pressure, small group/small area drills for developing fundamental offensive and defensive concepts
- Discover a complete loop of high-speed partner passing variations to improve passing techniques
- Learn how to use the "2v2 game" to defend and score goals from behind the cage
with Jenny Levy,
U.S. Women's National Team Head Coach;
University of North Carolina Head Women's Lacrosse Coach;
2016 NCAA Women's Champions - 2x NCAA Championship Coach (2013);
eight NCAA Final Four appearances;
2x ACC Coach of the Year;
6th winningest coach in NCAA D1 Women's lacrosse history; National championship winner and two-time All-American as an attacker for the University of Virginia
See how champions are built in this guided practice from Jenny Levy, head coach of the 2013 NCAA Division 1 Champion University of North Carolina. Coach Levy, one of the sport's all-time greats, guides players through skill-building drills that can be used at every level, intermixed with whiteboard segments and technique presentations by Tar Heel assistants.
Coach Levy and her assistants take you through a fast-paced, high-energy practice from warm-ups to 7-on-7 play. She shows how to keep everyone moving with lots of one player/one ball drills that simulate game-like competitive situations.
This DVD set is bursting with three full hours of footage, featuring:
- Assistant Katrina Dowd, a U.S. National Team member, who makes stick work addictively fun with a fast-paced, partner-passing clinic that incorporates shot fakes, behind-the-back passes, hip-level "Twizzler" throws, and more;
- Assistant Phil Barnes, who explains the importance of mastering the "J"-shaped defensive approach to control an offensive player without drawing a shooting space violation; Barnes builds individual on- and off-ball techniques that make up a shut-down defense;
- Fun, high-touch drills like an odd-man ground ball near the boundary technique or a two-on-two attacking and defending around the crease drill designed to challenge a player's ability to analyze and react to game-like situations
- Whiteboard schematics for North Carolina's transition patterns and how they're used to set up high-percentage two-on-one scoring opportunities.
Coach Levy's stick work and footwork warm-ups demand precise execution. Careful attention is given to stick position when passing and catching to ensure that each player maintains the"Triple Threat" position. From there, the practice evolves into short, intense drills that simulate game-like situations, building to a half-field settled offense. Combining the advanced techniques taught in partner passing with attack drills, Levy uses 3v2 to allow players to work on timing and shooting at game speed. These concepts are further developed with the 5v4 fast break drill. The 7v7 is demonstrated to teach the motion offense from a 4-2-1 formation. Cutaways illuminate the staff's approach to essential individual technique like marking a cutter, pick play on the crease, and creating good stick protection skills.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn from one of the best in the game! Coach Levy's practice is a gold mine for teams at any level and any offensive or defensive philosophy.
197 minutes (2 DVDs). 2013.Lacrosse Videos