See why Morgan Wootten is considered by many to be the greatest high school basketball teacher and coach of all time!
Featuring Morgan Wootten,
legendary Head Coach at DeMatha (MD) High School
- 2000 Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductee;
- won more than 1,200 games - the all-time winningest HS basketball coach;
- 5x National Champions (1962, '65, '68, '78 and '84);
- 1984 USA Today National Coach of the Year;
- Naismith Scholastic Coach of the Century (2000);
- recorded over 40 consecutive seasons with at least 20 wins and led his teams to more than 30 conference championships
During his coaching tenure at DeMatha, Coach Morgan Wootten's basketball teams accumulated an unbelievable 1,200 wins and on five occasions have finished their season ranked #1 nationally! In this incredible two-disc set, Coach Wootten uses high school players to demonstrate offensive and defensive team play necessary to develop a strong team at the junior high or high school level. Best of all, any of the offenses or defenses can be implemented easily ... even when facing limited practice time!
Presented in five video segements on two discs, Coach Wootten demonstrates:
- Full-Court Offenses -(Disc 1) His most effective full-court press breakers, fast breaks, and sideline inbound plays. He also demonstrates methods for being aggressive during press breaks and teaches an effective primary and secondary fast break.
- Half-Court Offenses -(Disc 1) All aspects of his half-court offense including man-to-man offense, zone offense, and half-court inbound plays. Also includes inbound plays from the sideline and under the basket which can create quick scoring opportunities against either man-to-man or zone defenses.
- Full-Court Defenses -(Disc 2) His most effective full-court man-to-man and zone defenses. Wootten then teaches his 1-3-1 and 2-2-1 full-court zone defenses. He shows full-court trapping drills to teach players to communicate and to keep them from becoming overly-aggressive.
- Half-Court Defenses - (Disc 2) includes both aggressive and passive trapping defenses inside of the half-court line. Wootten's half-court zone defenses include the 2-2-1 trap, the 1-3-1 trap, and the 2-3. Included are half-court trap drills to teach players how to work together as a team and when and where to trap on the court.
- Fundamental Drills and Games -(Disc 2) Basic drills and games to help coaches teach and reinforce individual and team offensive and defensive skills. Drills and games focus on dribbling, passing, shooting, defensive stance, and defensive shuffling.
Originally produced in 1999 - Re-mastered in 2016. 239 minutes (2 DVDs).Basketball Videos