- Learn how to build a long lasting culture of competitiveness in your program
- Prepare your team to win during practice
- Learn how to create wash drills that emphasize tenacity and competition
- Teach your players to become leaders and become intrinsically motivated to achieve top competitor status
with Ron Kordes,
USA Today Super 25 High School Volleyball National Champions - 2018;
2018 AAU Junior National Volleyball Champions (Asics KIVA 14);
2016 AVCA Club Director of the Year (KIVA):
Assumption (KY) High School Head Coach,
2012 AVCA National High School Coach of the Year;
20x State Championship Coach; Club Director and Coach at Asics Kiva Club;
2018 Kentucky High School Hall of Fame Inductee
We all want to win, but winning doesn't happen in matches, it happens at practice. As a coach, you can't expect teams to compete during a match if they are not competing during practice.
In this presentation, legendary Coach Ron Kordes shows you what it takes to turn your practice gym into a competitive environment and to cultivate a winning mentality. He lays out the foundation for building a competitive culture by stressing discipline, respect, sense of urgency and creating a learning environment on the court.
Coach Kordes discusses why creating this type of culture is important to team success and offers drill suggestions for how to build the competitive culture you desire. Each drill he shows has a purpose and comes with a scoring consequence. The more your players compete in practice, the more ready they will be to compete during matches.
The drills in this video encourage communication and coverage that creates energy and raises readiness. You'll see:
- A full court pepper-type drill that teaches hustle, communication and ball control.
- The Butterfly Drill which focuses on successful passing technique.
- 4 Corners and Box Drills which you can use to instill disciplined footwork and for a good cardio workout.
- The Serving Drill to prepare your players for out of system game situations.
Create a competitive culture in your gym and get ideas from one of the nation's great volleyball minds on how to take your team's competitive nature to the next level!
Produced at the 2012 AVCA National Convention in Louisville (KY).
54 minutes. 2013.Volleyball Videos