- Learn how to implement a rigorous off-season program
- Get essential lifts that correlate directly to speed, strength and flexibility
- Learn how to measure success for each player while having athletes work to compete
- Learn how to help players improve at the fastest rate possible with "movement specific" workouts
with Bryan Miller,
Oregon State University Football Strength and Conditioning Coach;
(CSCS), a sports conditioning specialist and a Level I Club Coach (U.S. Weightlifting)
In this clinic lecture, Bryan Miller provides a content rich summer conditioning training blueprint that will yield amazing results and improve the athleticism of your players. You'll learn:
- How to prepare your athletes to be their best when it counts using the concept of "non-programmed drills" that are similar to game-day movements
- conditioning drills that create explosive football players and the proper way to use them to get the best results
- physically and mentally challenging drills that will bond your athletes into a unified team
- a four-day conditioning program that will get your players into the best shape of their lives
Coach Miller begins by breaking down his overall training philosophy and sharing how he sets expectations for his athletes each season. He shares his philosophy of applying and absorbing force as the main concept behind developing football players who can build and maintain physical attributes. Coach Miller gives an overview of what he expects and executes during an off-season program.
The OSU summer program uses linear and lateral plyometrics on Day 1 to create and develop sprinting speed. You'll see video of each drill in a progression that advances from demanding drills to sprint development. Day 2 is an anaerobic conditioning day designed to increase the athlete's recovery rate from specific conditioning of 100-yard tempo runs, backward running as well as medicine ball throws. Day 3 incorporates lateral plyometrics as well as the 300-yard shuttle and medicine ball tempo runs. On Day 4, athletes are taken through high-threshold, non-programmed training to duplicate game-like movements.
A rigorous, effective strength and conditioning program is vital for continued success. This video will help your players reach an ultimate level of performance. Coach Miller's summer conditioning program will reduce injuries and get your athletes playing at a much higher level simply by being in better shape than their competition.
Produced at the 2013 Portland Nike Coach of the Year Clinic.
56 minutes. 2014.Football Videos