- The goal of this DVD is to teach better ways to coach youth basketball
- Great skills instruction- age appropriate, progression based and fun
- Bigelow works with a fresh group of young kids, so nothing is rehearsed - all is authentic teaching and learning - a great tool for youth coaches
- Parents, youth coaches, parks & rec. program directors - all will find this DVD very useful, enlightening and eye-opening
with Bob Bigelow,
world-renowned expert (has conducted over 2500 clinics) on youth sports and coaching youth basketball.
Former 1st round NBA draft pick. Played under Hall of Fame coach Chuck Daly (Penn)
This comprehensive DVD covers the basic skills, drills, and concepts that EVERY youth coach should know. Regardless of the number of years you have been coaching youth basketball, you will certainly pick up a few really important tips from Bob Bigelow.
Skill areas covered include:
- The Importance of Pivoting and Movement - Teaching footwork and pivoting the right way.
- Teaching Dribbling the Right Way - The 2 most important dribbling concepts for young kids to learn.
- Successful Passing for Kids - Why young kids are less inclined to "share" and what to do about it, and why the wall may be your best weapon for skill improvement.
- The Right Way to Teach Shooting - Matching kids' size and strength with the best shooting techniques, The 13 spots to start shooting, and, why you may not want to teach shooting to your kids just yet.
There are also lessons on simple youth offenses, setting your team up for the best learning environment, incorporating the concepts in the DVD to your next practice, and advice on coaching games "the right way." Bigelow concludes the DVD with important considerations, sharing insights on the development process, common mistakes, and advice on how much basketball is too much for a young player.
85 minutes. 2010 Basketball Videos