- Increase your potential as a wrestler by working on and improving your motor skills
- Learn to work on skills that will increase your chances for success regardless of your talent level
- Get drills to develop your sprawl, circling, back arch, penetration and hip heist skills
with Eric Guerrero,
Oklahoma State University Associate Head Coach;
Distinguished Member of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame (2014);
3x NCAA Champ at Oklahoma St. (4x All American);
2004 Olympian; 2003 World Cup Champion;
2x USA FILA junior world freestyle champion;
head coach for the USA at the 2009 FILA Junior Freestyle World Championships
Motor skills are vital for any wrestler striving to reach the highest levels of the sport. They are the base for his success - and the wider the base, the higher the potential for success
In this instructional wrestling DVD, Coach Guerrero covers nine drills that will help you develop your sprawl, circling, back arch, penetration and hip heist skills. In addition, you will improve your flexibility, agility, and core, hip and shoulder strength.
Building up these motor skills will broaden your skill base, give you a better "feel" for wrestling and help you reach the highest possible level you're capable of reaching.
Guerrero's drills include:
- Back Arch Drill - A great warm-up drill that helps build essential core strength.
- Wall Drill - Develops shoulder strength, lower back strength and flexibility.
- Sprawl Drill - Improves your positioning, minimizes potential scoring threats, develops change of direction speed and instinct, so you can pursue the score until you get the points.
- Fake Shot Drills - Sharpen your reaction skills.
- Motor Skill Defense Drills - Learn to position your head to take away scoring area, and create scoring opportunities by effectively moving your opponent.
- Motor Skill Offense Drills - Learn the keys to finishing takedowns and getting opponents to their backs without getting into a scramble or funk defense position.
Not only does Guerrero thoroughly demonstrate each drill, he shows you how each drill is applicable in a match situation.
Once these motor skills become second nature to you, small technical skills become easy to fix.
Learn how to stay competitive, build self-sufficiency as a wrestler and build confidence by mastering these essential skills!
40 minutes. 2010.Wrestling Videos