- Learn the skills you need to help you get the tough digs to target
- Features fundamental and advanced skill training so you can progress at your own pace
- Get expert instruction from former US National Team libero Sarah Drury-Petkovic
with Sarah Drury-Petkovic,
University of Louisville Director of Volleyball Operations,
former USA National Team Libero, Ranked fourth in the world as a libero in 2006
Sarah Drury-Petkovic knows firsthand what it takes to become a championship-caliber libero. Drury-Petkovic began her volleyball career as a walk-on at Louisville and eventually landed a spot on the US National Team and being touted as the fourth best libero in the world.
In this information-packed DVD, Drury-Petkovic arms you with the tools you need to excel at the libero position.
Drury-Petkovic embarks on a five-drill passing progression that includes 18 passing drill options. These drills train passing from every angle of the court to develop accuracy in any rotation.
- Lanes Narrow Drill - A basic-to-advanced progression that incorporates movement patterns with passing.
- Serve Receive Drill - A two drill set that works the basic fundamentals of passing.
- Angle Passing Progression - Develop passing accuracy when you're forced to play a ball outside of your body. This progression takes the player from basic kneeling drills to drills that add movement and more difficult serves.
- Drop Step Passing - Fundamentals for passing the balls that get behind you.
- Hollowing Out Drill - Learn to fight off the balls that get into your body.
- Collapse - This progression teaches you how to "pop up" those hard-driven, low balls and keep them in play for your team.
- Dig and Roll - Extend your range and dig balls that are far outside your body. This five-drill progressions begins with minimal movement and progresses to a dig and roll.
- Base to Read Technique - Develop the footwork and timing you need to read and dig tough balls.
- Overhead Digging - Learn key techniques for keeping those high, hard driven balls in play while still being in position for a low ball.
To complete the libero skill set, Drury-Petkovic discusses and demonstrates skills for out of system setting. Learn how setting from the libero position is different than how a setter would set the ball. These slight variations will make a big difference in your success with this skill.
Throughout this presentation, Drury-Petkovic constantly teaches and shares nuances of the libero position based on personal experience as a player and a coach. This presentation is great for athletes and coaches alike and is a must have to take your libero skills to the championship level!
45 minutes. 2011.Volleyball Videos