- Learn a series of sprint mechanics and acceleration drills with specific cues to help athletes learn speed-enhancing posture, alignment, and sprint form
- Over 30 drills to develop hurdle mobility, form and quickness and help you improve your times
- Get one-on-one middle distance training from US Olympic Coach Rose Monday!
- Discover easy-to-use drills you can use to create repetitive and consistent approaches that put you in prime take-off position at the board
- Features former NCAA Triple Jump Champion and Baylor assistant coach Stacey Smith
- Learn the hows and whys to becoming a better high jumper
- Discover how pole weight limits, the bend of the pole, hand placement, grips and more can effect your vaults
- Learn techniques and drills for maintaining your balance and posture to maximize throwing distance
- 40+ simple and effective drills for the glide and spin shot put
with Dana Boone, Texas State University Head Track & Field Coach;
former Oklahoma University Associate Head Women's Track Coach; 2x USTFCCCA Midwest Region Assistant Coach of the Year (2011 and 2007); coach of 53 All Americans; 6x All American at Virginia; 6x ACC Champion
With your focus on the little things, you can improve your overall sprint times with this proven formula for sprint success.
Dana Boone takes you through the sprints and relays in this video from the Becoming a Champion DVD Series. With emphasis on the beginning sprinter or coach, you will get an overview of what to look for and how to develop champion sprint and relay runners.
Staring with a series of warm-up exercises, static stretches, and dynamic flexibility drills, you will see more than 18 exercises to get yourself ready to sprint. Coach Boone gives detailed descriptions of what to look for while one of Texas State University's athletes performs the exercise.
Coach Boone delivers an in-depth, step-by-step breakdown of sprint drills focusing on:
- Acceleration technique in the first 7-10 steps
- The transition phase
- Reaching maximum velocity
- Maintaining speed and strength to the finish line
She breaks down each phase into its own component with an easy to follow approach. Boone also takes you through the basics of effective block set-up and cues to help you both relax and react to the sound of the starters' pistol.
You will also be introduced to a segment on race strategies for the 100M, 200M, and the 400M. Each race is broken down into parts with a specific focus for each stage of the race. Every race has its own unique nuances and learning what to do and when, is a big advantage.
You will see instruction on the 4x100 and 4x400 relay exchanges. The advantages and disadvantages of each type of hand-off is described in detail. Boone shows you several drills to work on mastering the baton pass to keep it moving around the track.
Finally you will pick up several plyometric and strength drills that will make you stronger and more explosive.
Coach Boone examines the essential drills and techniques required to become a better sprinter. With a focus on developing proper sprint mechanics, this DVD delivers over 30 drills and exercises necessary to become a champion sprinter!
41 minutes. 2013.
with Elisha Brewer, University of Kansas Assistant Track and Field Coach (Sprints and Hurdles);
in 8 years at Kansas she has developed 14 All-Americans; an All-American at the University of Arkansas
Get all the tools you need to improve your hurdles PR! Hurdles coach Elisha Brewer delves into five components that are essential to becoming a champion hurdler:
- Knowledge of event
- Sprints mechanics
Each drill in this video is demonstrated by two female athletes providing you with a model for how to correctly execute the drill. You will also hear Brewer's cue words as she coaches her athletes through the drills and makes adjustments to their technique.
Coach Brewer provides numerous warm-up drills that consist of dynamic stretches and hurdle mobility. These drills can be done every day - indoors or outdoors - to improve the flexibility of your athletes.
Brewer shows a series of dynamic exercises designed to strengthen the entire body, and especially the muscles needed for hurdling. These exercises target the speed and strength required for successful hurdling. You will also see medicine ball drills that will make your athletes stronger and more explosive.
In the starts segment, you will see everything from start drills to setting up the starting blocks. These drills and techniques can be used to get more comfortable with the start position and to improve quickness out of the blocks.
The hurdle mobility drills in this video will help develop and ref
Track & Field Videos