- Learn fundamentals that will make a better hitter out of any player
- Teach players "dynamic approach" footwork, how to attack with topspin, how to keep the ball in-bounds when hitting and much more
- Learn how to train your players to put all of the moving parts together to create a successful swing
with Anne Kordes,
former University of Louisville Head Coach; 2015 ACC Champions;
2015 ACC Coach of the Year - her third coach of the Year honor at Louisville, also earning the award as the Big East (2012) and American Athletic Conference (2013) Coach of the Year; 2010 and 2011 USA Select National Team Lead Coach; past President of the American Volleyball Coaches Association
Volleyball players love to attack. Wouldn't it be great to have them do it correctly right from the start? Learn how to train beginning attackers with confidence.
Anne Kordes breaks down the attack into its various steps and then teaches it in a part-whole methodology. Coach Kordes shows the key points for progressing through the approach, hip, arm, wrist, jump, and finally, the location on the court.
Learn how to train athletes to gain momentum in the approach using explosive left - right - left footwork to get to the ball as well as how to successfully:
- load with arms back on the final right - left steps
- jump explosively, opening hips and shoulders to setter
- lift lead arm and draw attack elbow back
- snap close with both elbow and hip
After showing you how to train players in dynamic approach footwork, Coach Kordes creates an isolated environment in which players can learn proper arm swing, beginning from the loaded position and focusing on:
- opening hips and shoulders
- snapping closed with elbow and hip
- snapping the wrist over the top of the ball to create topspin
- following through on arm swing
As players become more consistent with the dynamic approach, their attacks will greatly improve. Add this step-by-step guide to your training library today and develop a strong attack in beginner volleyball players!
38 minutes. 2014.Volleyball Videos