- Beat your opponent with creative possession
- Show players how to apply attacking pressure and break through defensive lines
- Teach quick, accurate passing in small spaces to develop the technical abilities required for the Tiki Taka style of play
- Teach your players to recognize and react appropriately when your team is numbers up or numbers down
with Alan Kirkup, University of Florida Assistant Coach,
former player for Manchester United FC; over 27 years coaching experience including 18 years as a head coach at the collegiate level (over 200 wins)
The widely popular and successful Tiki Taka style of play, made popular by both Barcelona and the Spanish National Team, can dismantle opposing defenses when implemented properly.
In this DVD, Alan Kirkup shares and demonstrates attacking drills that will help prepare your team for a dynamic possession game and force your opponent to chase you throughout the match. Using alternating practice footage with detailed drill introductions, this DVD outlines multiple drills that will prepare your team to play Tiki Taka soccer.
Coach Kirkup presents a steady sequence of practice drills and small-sided games designed to foster the quick touches and precise passes that will maximize your team's time on the ball and earn the most scoring opportunities.
The drills work from small, individual exercises to full team exercises that develop individual responsibilities first, and how those roles will help the team. Each practice segment includes a detailed introduction by Kirkup in which he clearly explains the purpose of the exercise and what types of technical or tactical training it will give your players. His coaching points cover:
- Using proper weight and technique to get accurate passes off under pressure
- Finishing scoring chances with one-touch shots
- Creating numbers up situations in the final third whenever possible
- Implementing tried and true techniques in order to penetrate the defense
He ends the video ends with a dynamic half-field scoring game that will get your team into a scoring mindset.
As much as you try to prepare your players for every situation, they will always find themselves in situations that they have never seen before. By using Coach Kirkup's drills, you will train them different available options that expands your players soccer IQ and will help them have more success in their games.
167 minutes (2 DVDs). 2013.Soccer Videos