- Learn general attacking and defending concepts
- Ramp-up your teams' attack
- Position by position system breakdown
with Randy Waldrum, University of Pittsburgh Head Women's Soccer Coach;
former University of Notre Dame Head Women's Soccer Coach;
2004 and 2010 NCAA National Champions;
- 3X NCAA College Cup runners-up;
- Seven time Conference Coach of the Year;
- Seven time NSCAA Regional Coach of the Year;
- Coached three National Players of the Year
During Coach Waldrum's tenure at Notre Dame, the women's soccer program was among the nation's elite. In this video, the seven-time Big East Coach of the Year shares the intricacies of the 4-3-3, which allowed his teams to win 279 games in his 14 seasons there.
Waldrum's instruction is separated into two parts. In the first segment, Waldrum thoroughly covers his general attacking and defending concepts and includes a position-by-position breakdown of the system. Waldrum uses game footage to show you how his concepts translate to game situations. The second part is from an actual early season Notre Dame practice. This allows you to see the teaching points and concepts worked out in a defensive practice setting. He also includes a drill to help your team understand some simple attacking concepts, which form the foundation of attacking in a 3 front formation.
78 minutes. 2009.