- Learn three versatile takedown techniques
- See how to turn the arm spin into set-ups for single and double leg takedowns
- Get drills to easily learn the necessary keys to hitting each move
with Rob Koll,
Cornell University Head Coach;
- 2017 EIWA Champions - 11 consecutive EIWA Conference Championships (2007-17)
- 2017 EIWA Coach of the Year
- 15 consecutive Ivy League titles (2003-17)
- Back-to-Back NCAA Championships Runner-Up (2010-11)
- 2011 NWCA National Duals Champions
- 2005 NWCA Division I Coach of the Year
- 2x World Cup Champion
- NCAA Champ and 4x All-American
Rob Koll opens up his takedown repertoire and delivers two techniques to give you more options from your feet - the arm spin and shoulder throw. The versatility of these techniques will give you many options to score on your opponent. Coach Koll will show you how use these techniques from your feet or on the mat; to score two or get back points; or as a set-up for a high leg or low leg single or for a double leg takedown.
Beginning with the arm spin, Coach Koll demonstrates the keys to effectively hit the arm spin off an underhook and from a collar tie. To quickly learn the proper form, Koll shows a vital drill to clear your hips and successfully execute the move. In addition, Koll shows how the arm spin can be used as a set-up for a high- or low-level single leg takedown.
From a collar tie position, you will see the two keys that make this move effective, as well as how to hit a foot sweep using the arm spin movements. The arm spin, either from an underhook or a collar tie is a perfect high reward throw to use when getting pushed off the mat.
If your opponent drops his hips back to defend the arm spin, Koll teaches you how to load his hips into you for a shoulder throw. Calling on his background in Judo, Koll teaches you two variations of the shoulder throw, as well as how to use the throw as a set-up for the foot sweep.
As a bonus, Koll shows you a simple arm drag technique, complete with drills, that can pay big dividends on the mat. From his arm drag, Koll demonstrates three set-ups for a double leg, outside and inside leg singles, as well as a front headlock from the arm drag.
A perfect compliment to Coach Koll Foot Sweep Technique DVD (WRD-03029).
39 minutes. 2010.Wrestling Videos