- Use warm-up time to build stamina and develop technique
- Improve your team's ball skill and field awareness
- See a 6v6 training model to simulate game situations and improve decision making skills
- Learn the purpose and fundamentals of video breakdown
with Coach George Gelnovatch,
University of Virginia Head Men's Soccer Coach,
2009 NCAA National Champions,
Assistant Coach on the 2002 U.S. Men's National Team that competed in the 2002 FIFA World Cup (Korea/Japan),
4x ACC Championships,
200+ career wins
George Gelnovatch delivers an inside look at his training, drills, and philosophies and provides a look into the purpose and fundamentals of video breakdown.
Coach Gelnovatch takes you through key areas that his team has used to build success:
- A warm-up routine that combines stretching and conditioning with technical training. Use conditioning exercises to build game stamina and develop technique.
- Technical and tactical moving and passing drills to help with ball technique and field awareness. Enhance your players' ability to look for passing lanes, keep the ball moving and play through a central man. Develop shorter, quicker passes that will open up the playing field and allow your players to break down the opponent and get into scoring situations.
- Small sided games using 6 v 6 strategies. Enhance your players' ability to spread the field, seek out open passing lanes and communicate more effectively. By improving these abilities, players will think quickly and logically, in turn making them more effective and less reactive in game situations.
- Using video analysis with the individual player and the team. See two film sessions. A team film session focused on key defensive strategies defensive restarts and team pressure. And an individual player film session where Gelnovatch breaks down the player's decision-making, weaknesses and strengths that can help him improve at his particular position.
This All Access soccer instruction will show you the inner workings of a Division I program and some of the techniques and tactics used by the Virginia coaching staff. Through work ethic, team concepts, discipline and leadership Gelnovatch shows how he has used these ideas to create one of the most dominating college soccer programs in the nation.
This DVD will help any coach with easy to understand and easy to implement ideas and concepts to improve their coaching and their teams!
143 minutes. 2010.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's practice can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Soccer Videos