- Watch five live John Cook-run practices!
- See how practice organization can create game-like flow for better hands on learning
- Learn component type drills, isolating game situations for maximum reps and decision making
- Get an inside look at a post practice team meeting
with John Cook,
University of Nebraska Head Volleyball Coach; 2015 NCAA National Champions!
2x AVCA National Coach of the Year (2005, 2000); 3x National Championship Coach (2015, 2006, 2000); 2005 National Runner-up; USA Volleyball All-Time Great Coach Award (2008); 3x Big 12 Coach of the Year
Glean ideas for your program from one of the best programs in the country!
Get the best seat in the gym as John Cook gives you an "All Access" look at five of his early-season volleyball practice sessions, putting you directly in the heat of preparation for the fall campaign. You'll see how Nebraska structures the flow and movement of a practice, which he demands execution at every phase, along with accountability even in the simplest drills.
In over 10 hours of practice instruction you'll see pre-practice conditioning circuits, individual drill progressions that lead up to six-on-six competition, end of practice stretching routines and closed door team meeting sessions. Other features of this 5-disc package include:
- A lighter weight practice day where the coaching staff is getting in a maximum amount of repetitions for each player in a game-like situation. Coach Cook's areas of focus are from the organized stretching at the beginning of practice, to a comprehensive training session, then shifting to a cool down process, then a post practice view of a team discussion on the values that are at the heart of the program.
- A "morning practice" format that features 'no jump' training to save the legs of the athletes. Coach Cook starts with a partner ball control series that focuses on shoulder rotation during the attack, platform angle management and complex series. The practice then progresses to a 2 v 2 series of competitive games, and ends with full court game-like drills. Over all the major emphasis is on the first contact: defense & serve receive.
- A "Recovery Day." This single practice, after two-a-days the previous two days, shows the Nebraska squad working on Serving, Passing, Blocking and Digging with a focus on footwork. At the end of practice, Coach Cook breaks into individual drills, giving you an excellent look at the "Shadow Drill" as the Nebraska girls are taught proper footwork and transitioning, and their aggressive "Ball Group" drills that teaches the team defensive coverage and digging. Practice closes with a "behind closed doors" look at a team meeting.
And much, much more!
Get an inside look at full practices from one of the top programs and coaches in the country without leaving home. This video is the whole package and a great tool for coaches of all levels.
631 minutes (5 DVDs). 2012.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's gym can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Volleyball Videos