Maximize your practice time and get more quality shots in practice
- Prepare your team for game day by breaking down your opponent's favorite actions into 3-on-3 and 2-on-2 drills
- Limit turnovers, focus on shot selection, run offense, and focus on transition defense through the use of Murray State's Cincinnati Drill
- Get the most of your offensive sets and secondary break by using various 5-on-0, 4-on-0, and 5-on-5 breakdown drills that emphasize fundamentals within your offensive sets
with Steve Prohm,
Iowa State University Head Coach;
2017 Big 12 Tournament Champions; 2016 Sweet Sixteen;
former Murray State University Head Coach; 2012 Joe B. Hall National Coach of the Year (top 1st-year coach in D1 college basketball);
3x Ohio Valley Conference Champions, 2x OVC Coach of the Year
One of the singular most important things a coach can do for his team is get them to develop fundamentals and consistently demonstrate them throughout practices and games. Coach Prohm has done this with his Murray State team. In this All Access DVD featuring one of the hottest teams in the country in 2012, Coach Prohm takes you through multiple drills to breakdown their offensive and defensive system.
Disc 1: Skill Development within Offense/Defensive System
- Learn the essential drills that Murray State uses to build both their guards and their post players into solid, fundamental players
- Learn the defensive principles that make Murray State such a dominate team
- See how Murray State focuses on the concept of the closeout - essential to the success of a dominate defense
In this first practice we see example after example of fundamentals being executed. You will see why Murray state has one of the best defenses in the country when you watch their 4-on-4 shell focusing on their defensive principles of sprinting hard to closeout, hedging hard through all screens, getting into gaps during driving situations, and communicating early. Individual drills to support their motion offense and drills to build skills for both the bigs and guards are taught and repeated as well. Through various guard and post breakout sessions you will learn how to get your players the most game shots possible in practice. The practice ends with some passionate 5-on-5 play where you get to see both Murray State's offense in action and their defense put to the test.
Disc 2: Individual Skill Breakdowns
- Learn a secondary offensive break that will give you an advantage and create easy opportunities to score.
- Learn to effectively and efficiently use fundamentals in your practices to support your teams overall performance
- Learn to build your offense through 5-on-0 play which will allow the repetition necessary for your team to have success.
Coach Prohm takes you through a split squad practice to show how they breakdown their offensive system into several drills to maximize scoring opportunities. Prohm breaks his team into two groups of eight players who practice at different times. These small groups then receive the reps and the instruction necessary for them the grasp the essential concepts that are being taught. Mixed into to his individual breakdowns are his great defensive skill drills. The video ends with detailed preparation for their upcoming opponent.
Disc 3: Preparations for Game Day
- Learn the specific position drills Murray State uses to prepare each individual player for their responsibilities in all areas
- Execute the same set plays that Murray State successfully uses on the offensive end of the floor
In this third All Access disc, Coach Prohm shows you how they prepare in practice for opponents. He uses his guard and post breakdown drills to continue to get game like shots. Coach Prohm uses 1-on-0 closeout and 1-on-1 deny drills to work on defending your opponent. Coach Prohm shows you their fast break drills emphasizing execution and technique. He uses 2-on-1 Transition and their Cincinnati drill teach how to limit turnovers, look for good shot selection, run the offense, and focus on transition defense. Coach Prohm finishes out this great DVD showing you how to breakdown an opponent's offense and how to use breakdown drills to work on defending you opponent's favorite actions.
338 minutes (3 DVDs). 2012.
All Access videos are designed