- Never let the weather stop you from improving your team!
- Maximize your practice time with high rep drills, game-like situations, techniques and more
- Learn to incorporate live pitching and simulated game action into your daily practice plan
- Discover position specific drills you can implement into your throwing program
with Dr. Dirk Baker, Worcester State University Head Coach,
5x NCAA Tournament Qualifier; Most Wins in WSU History (400), 2014 MASCAC Regular Season and Tournament Champions; Most wins in MASCAC from 2000-09
Dr. Dirk Baker gives you an All Access look into three days of up-tempo, competitive indoor baseball practice. Coach Baker and his staff keep the practices up-beat, focused, competitive, and maximize every minute to eliminate wasted time.
Players start with a full body warm up that includes plyometric, dynamic, and static movements. This warm-up will not only get your players' bodies ready for practice, but it's crucial in helping to prevent injuries. The warm-up includes position specific throwing drills that add additional fundamental work without increasing the amount of time your practice runs.
The practice session features an in-depth look at different mental and physical aspects of pitching including mechanics.
You'll also see a "dry" swing hitting routine, game-situation bunt defense, position defense, base running and more.
"Competition Friday" features:
- Base running drills you can use to warm up your players.
- Position-specific drills that incorporate throwing.
- Technique for sliding into the different bases and the safest, most effective way to avoid the tag.
- A two ball, infield throwing drill that will help your athletes develop quick feet and throwing accuracy - and train your players to consistently make the routine play.
- Situational batting practice to help advance your base runners.
In addition, pitching coach Neal Portnoy explains and demonstrates his philosophy of pitching through interaction with and coaching of his players. Portnoy's goal is to develop players who can pitch, not just throw hard.
Coach Baker and his team work in 20-minute, skill-specific stations. Improve your team's vision and concentration using short vision and focus drills. Offensive stations are set up to work on rhythm at the plate, specific bunting areas, top and bottom hand hitting drills, and specific live hitting situations. Coach Baker and his team do a great job of demonstrating every drill and the concept behind it.
Also on day three, Coach Baker gives you an in-depth look at the Worcester baseball teams weight lifting program. The workout lasts 20-30 minutes and is a complete body lifting program. The practice ends with Baker and his pitching coach, Neal Portnoy, using video analysis to break down their pitchers and hitters.
Coach Baker and his staff do a great job of getting the most out of their players and practice time. This video has numerous ideas on how any coach at any level can run a effective, high energy indoor practice. Order now and keep your indoor practices competitive and focused!
245 minutes (3 DVDs). 2012.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's gym can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Baseball Videos