- Learn a power play break out and entry, as well as the penalty kill forecheck and penalty kill set, creating 2-on-1 disadvantages far away from the net
- See how you can simulate game-like situations for goaltenders in a practice setting
- Learn bench management skills during live game segments from three-time National Championship coach Tim Coghlin
with Tim Coghlin,
St. Norbert College Head Coach; 2018 D-III National Champions;
5x National Championship Coach, including back-to-back titles in 2011-12;
has led St. Norbert to 12 NCAA D-III Frozen Fours and nine title game appearances;
over 550 career wins; 2x NCAA D-III Edward Jeremiah Award - National Coach of the Year; 7x NCHA Coach of the Year;
St. Norbert has led the nation in scoring defense three times in a five season span (2008-12)
Sit in with Tim Coghlin and his staff at St. Norbert College and get a firsthand look at the planning and preparation needed to build a successful season.
In this installment of Championship Productions' best selling All Access series, Coach Coghlin takes you behind the scenes as he and his staff prepare to win the National Championship for a third straight season. Not only will you get a look at a comprehensive off-ice conditioning program, but you will see a detailed weekly on-ice practice plan, which includes going inside the coaches room for a run through of practice design before moving inside the players dressing room for a pre-practice white board session.
Coach Coghlin's instruction covers a wide variety of topics. In this three disc set you'll learn:
- How to teach your defensemen to turn a 2-on-1 against into a 2-on-2 with the use of angles and passing the shooter off to the goaltender.
- How to stress the importance of playing away from the puck and getting your defensemen to work for the goaltender, taking away any rebounds or weak side opportunities.
- How, as a team, you can out number at the puck in "any zone" giving your team a numerical advantage.
- How, when defending at the puck, to play the situation to your advantage.
- A new and creative way to enter during a 3-on-2 attack.
- To create any 2-on-1 disadvantage in a penalty kill situation so that it is far away from the net or danger area.
- Drills that are engaging for the players and keep them motivated, while at the same time, simulating 'game like' situations - preparing for competition.
- How to create a seasonal plan for goaltender progression.
- and much more!
In addition, you will be a part of the game day experience. Starting inside the dressing room, you will see the Green Knights reviewing game film in preparation for a varsity game. Then you will take a seat behind the bench and watch Coghlin and his staff manage their team during game segments. You also get the opportunity to observe the coaching staff during the intermission and how they identify adjustments and how they communicate the adjustments to their players.
This video gives you inside access to one of the top Division III hockey programs in the nation and insights into their success.
229 minutes (3 DVDs). 2013.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's practice can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Hockey Videos