- 2x NCAA National Championship Coach George Gwozdecky invites you rink-side for nearly four hours of live Denver hockey practice
- Get a number of small area games that progress into full-team 5-on-5 game-like drills
- Run defensive zone coverage drills to help keep the puck out of your net
- Improve your special teams with drills for power plays and penalty kills
with George Gwozdecky,
Valor Christian (CO) High School Head Coach;
formerTampa Bay Lightning (NHL) Assistant Coach; former University of Denver Head Coach;
2x NCAA National Champions, 2x National Coach of the Year; over 450 career wins; the only coach in NCAA history to win a hockey national title as a player, assistant coach and head coach
Two time National Coach of the Year George Gwozdecky opens the doors to three days of live Pioneer hockey practice.
In this two-disc set, coach Gwozdecky and his staff focus on three main areas in practice:
- Small Ice Games - Promote competitiveness and teamwork while developing skills.
- Defensive Zone Coverage - Drills that will help keep the puck out of your net.
- Transition - Create good spacing and timing to quickly move the puck up ice and mount an offensive attack.
You'll also get drills for power plays and penalty kills to improve your special team plays. Each practice starts with unique warm-up drills that help set the tone for practice, and includes the "skate the mile" conditioning drill to end the practice. In each area the drills build up from 1-on-1 to 2-on-2 and all the way up to full ice full team 5-on5 game-like practice.
Off the ice, listen in as Coach Gwozdecky conducts a team meeting, covering the team's 10 objectives from a previous game - objectives they try to hit every single game. These objectives include have more scoring opportunities, win 60% of the face-offs, less than 40 second average shift times, zero retaliation or bad penalties, no face-off goals against and more.
In these live practices you'll see how Gwozdecky interacts with his players, coaching them up mentally to be "game ready." Mental toughness can help win close games and build team unity.
Order now and get proven insights from one of the most successful hockey minds in the nation!.
230 minutes (2 DVDs). 2012.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's practice can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Hockey Videos