- Utilize build up drills to teach your team how to run transition offense
- Learn a wide variety drills you can use to train fundamentals to ensure your team is operating at its highest level
- Guard- and post-specific drills you can use every day in practice
- Teach your defense how to successfully play against any type of move the offense makes
with Kevin Boyle,
Montverde Academy (FL) Head Boys Basketball Coach
- 2015 High School National Champions
- Back-to-Back-to-Back High School National Champions - only high school coach ever to win three Consecutive National Championships
- In 2017, USA TODAY named Montverde Academy the "Team of the Decade" in High School Basketball in the U.S.
- 4x National High School Coach of the Year (USA Today, Naismith and ESPN)
- 4x Jordan Brand Classic Head Coach
- In the Last six NBA Drafts (2011-15) Boyle has coached five players selected in the top 3 overall picks - the first time any college or high school has ever accomplished
National High School Coach of the Year Kevin Boyle opens his gym allowing you to sit in on a live two hour Monteverde Academy practice session.
Maximize your practice time by utilizing transition drills to condition your players. Three to 5-player drills are demonstrated including transition into early offense.
Coach Boyle shows a variety of position-specific drills for guards to enhance decision making, ball handling, passing and reading the defense. He delivers post moves to work on inside scoring and team drills to develop the pivot foot and how to use it to your advantage.
The main portion of this practice is spent on the defensive end of the floor, where Boyle demands intensity and hustle. He goes through a variety of 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 breakdown drills for the defense, while making sure the offensive players are utilizing their fundamentals. Boyle dives into many important details you do not ordinarily see in a man defense clinic.
Using 4-on-4 shell drills, you will see many different offensive movements and screens to prepare your defense to react in any situation.
The last part of the defense Coach Boyle covers is their "Down" half court trap. Like in a majority of his breakdowns, he starts 3-on-3 and builds to 5-on-5 to teach the defense.
Lastly, you get a look into a Monteverde Academy controlled scrimmage. Coach Boyle stops the team on occasion to really work with the team and stress the importance of various aspects of the game.
127 minutes. 2012.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's gym can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you! Basketball Videos