- See a live, real time pre-season practice routine that gets the entire team involved throughout the entire practice
- Learn a unique batting practice routine that incorporates the bunt and hit and run game
- Get ideas on conducting "situation" scrimmages that let your players learn in a game-like setting
with Nathan Blackwood,
Lubbock Christian University Head Baseball Coach;
2009 NAIA World Series Champions
Take a seat in the stands and watch Nathan Blackwood run two complete Lubbock Christian baseball practices. Coach Blackwood shares an all access look at how to develop potential talent into a competitive baseball team through a fall baseball practice.
In Blackwood's eight seasons at Lubbock Christian he has appeared in three NAIA World Series, winning the championship in 2009. He knows what it takes to master the art of bringing together a cohesive unit using a comprehensive practice regiment. Blackwood will explain the importance of creating a full day of practice that includes the players academic requirements.
In this DVD, you will see an intense fall practice day that includes:
- Pre-Practice Indoor Hitting Routine: Features three different hitting routines. A soft toss drill with a weighted bat for hand and swing strength through the hitting zone, a drill that trains hitters to adjust to swing speed that simulates game-type pitching and a rubber band workout to developing a quick and compact swing through the zone and gives the hitters to stay inside the ball and stay compact.
- Team Defense: This workout gets the entire team involved and focuses on making quick decisions in high pressure situations in both the infield and outfield. This trains your players think on the spot, which will allow them to react naturally during the game.
- Team Offense: A unique eight-round batting practice progression that involves entire team ... infielders take grounders on bunt plays, outfielders are playing normal reading fly balls. The first two round work on bunt situations, rounds three and four work on hit-and run and scoring runners from second, and the final four round gives your batters a chance to swing away, simulating a hitter's count. You can put an emphasis on where to hit the ball, whether it is hitting the ball away, up the middle, down the line etc.
- Conditioning Drills: Innovative tactics to make your players reach their maximum potential. Pitchers go through a rope workout to strengthen shoulders and rotator cuffs, with a timed lap that adds a cardiovascular element. Hitters work on foot speed by increasing stride strength and length using sleds and parachutes.
In the second session, you will see Blackwood put his team through a situational scrimmage that includes three sets of situational hitting. This style will allow your players to make decisions on their own and gain knowledge on how to understand reads as a hitter, a defensive player or as a base runner.
With each session you will gain a plethora of information that will help your team grow together and obtain future success. This baseball DVD will help you design the perfect sessions to increase productivity in practice and lead your team to a "Championship" season.
132 minutes. 2010.
All Access videos are designed to allow viewers from all over the world to see how successful coaches run their practices in a "live" practice setting. All Access videos allow viewers to see the practices un-edited and in real-time. You will see how top coaches run their drills, interact with their team and staff, how they motivate their team, the cue words they use, the atmosphere of the practice and how practices are structured from day to day. Many coaches visit successful colleges and high schools to watch practice. But if you live out of state or out of the country, visiting another coach's practice can be costly. That's why we created the All Access Practice Series of videos -- to bring the practices to you!