- 20 explosive drills to train fundamentals and technique
- Learn to separate and explode to control the offensive line
- Develop moves and counters to get to the quarterback and strip the ball
with Brick Haley, University of Texas Defensive Line Coach;
former Louisiana State University Defensive Line Coach (11th in the nation in points allowed in 2009);
former Chicago Bears (NFL) Defensive Line Coach (5th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed in 2008, and sixth in the NFL in sacks in 2007)
Build a quick and explosive defensive line using these proven drills and techniques.
Brick Haley offers a great balance of fundamentals and techniques for run and pass situations. Haley walks you through each drill and incorporates game footage from LSU's 2009 season, when his defense finished 11th in the nation in points allowed.
RUN DRILLS AND SITUATIONS:Get into a good position off the block, with both under and over hand methods. Six Point Explosion (with blocking sled) - Develop power in the hips. Strike and Drive - Develop a good power angle with "violent hands." Stunt Steps - Equip your athletes with the footwork they need to get into the gaps.
The run segment also includes drills for five and six technique play.
PASS DRILLS AND SITUATIONS:
- Half Hoops - Train your linemen to finish to the quarterback and strip the ball.
- Violent Hand Drills - Develop active and violent hands for counter movements.
- Spin Techniques - Make a play if you've have been blocked.
- Counter Rush Moves - Sell an up field move, then cut inside.
The pass situations segment includes eight drills in all to develop quickness, speed, active hands, footwork and hip turn.
During each drill, Haley stresses the key concepts to excelling as a defensive lineman and provides coaching insights and cue words. All of the drills are demonstrated by LSU players in a live practice setting.
Haley's approach has been very successful, producing some of the toughest and most explosive defensive lines in recent college and professional football. These fundamentals and techniques will provide you with explosive, consistent defensive line play.
48 minutes. 2010.Football Videos