- Make the big saves by knowing when and how to dive
- Learn to engage the attacker and become the aggressor when 1-on-1
- Get goalkeeper tips for strengthening your team's down-number defense
with Marybeth Freeman, Temple University Head Field Hockey Coach;
former Columbia University Head Coach, 2014 Ivy League Coach of the Year;
former University of Maryland Field Hockey Associate Head Coach/Goalkeeper Coach,
'05, '06 & '08 NCAA Champions;
2x NCAA Champion goalkeeper for Old Dominion University!
Learn elite goalkeeping techniques and decision making skills from one of the most accomplished goalkeepers in NCAA history.
Marybeth Freeman has shared in two NCAA Championships as a player and three NCAA Championships as an assistant coach. In this on-field presentation, Coach Freeman expands on her best-selling DVD "Becoming a Champion Goalkeeper" by sharing advanced techniques and tactics for the goalkeeper position.
Coach Freeman uses live demonstrations to teach the techniques and drills you need to advance your skill set.
- Kicking - Get a quick overview of the fundamental techniques to successfully jab and lunge.
- Diving - Learn to read the three situations when goalkeepers must dive.
- Dive to Save - Learn the proper diving form, the creeping technique to help defend rebound shots and how to cover vertical space.
- Dive to Intercept - Develop the skill of "preventive hockey," intercept the pass before it becomes a shot on goal.
- Dive to Tackle - Learn the correct technique and how to time the tackle correctly.
- 1-on-1 Situations - Learn to engage the attacker, keep the ball in front of you and time your tackle. Especially helpful with the new shoot-out rules.
- Down-Number Situations - Get tips on how to come out of goal and work in tandem with your defender in a down-number situation.
Come to practice this season with a new set of goalkeeping tactics and techniques and take your goalkeeping from good to great!
48 minutes. 2011.Field Hockey Videos