- Learn how to position and form your setter's hands when setting.
- Discover how to produce the "torque movement" so your setter can deliver a better set
- Train efficient and simple movement to get to ball earlier and set higher quality balls
- Learn the jump set, which allows your offense to run quicker and keep the defense off-balance
with Kevin Hambly,
Stanford University Head Coach;
2018 NCAA National Champions!;
2018 Pac-12 Volleyball Coach of the Year,
2018 AVCA Pacific North Region Coach of the Year;
former University of Illinois Head Coach;
2011 NCAA Runners-up; 2011 Volleyball Magazine Coach of the Year
Are you looking for a simple method to break down the art of setting to teach your setter? This is the video you will want to pick up.
In this volume of Kevin Hambly's coach-, player-, and parent-friendly series, he teaches how the key components of being a successful setter can be taught, learned and practiced. Coach Hambly has an experienced college setter demonstrate balanced, efficient posture and movements then walks a less experienced player through how to execute the same "Go Posture" and technique.
Some of the essentials for successful setting at any level include:
- Beginning in a balanced, neutral "Go Posture"
- Facing the action of the ball before making the set
- Using whole hands to contact the ball (not just fingers)
- Using body torque to generate setting power
- Finishing palms (not fingers) to the target
This video covers every aspect of setting technique from how to fundamentally prepare for the ball, move to the ball, and contact the ball to how to handle more difficult, out-of-system, realistic match play situations such as:
- Back setting
- Pass setting
- Tempo Setting
- High Ball Setting
- Setting out of the bottom of the net
- Setting out from the top of the net
Your setter touches nearly one out of every ball on your side, wouldn't you want those to be good touches? Coach Hambly's instruction makes it easy for your setter to check themselves on each component. Hambly teaches your setter to set at a college caliber level, no matter what their age.
75 minutes. 2013.Volleyball Videos