- Get coached by 2x NCAA Championship coach and the 2010 John Wooden 'Legend's of Coaching' award-winner
- Correct your shooting mistakes and learn to shoot the ball accurately - even when you're tired
- Develop your shot off the dribble, off the catch and off of a pivot
- Increase your playing time by becoming a great shooter!
with Billy Donovan,
Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA) Head Coach;
former University of Florida Head Coach; 2007 & 2006 NCAA Champions; 2014 SEC Champions;
2014 SEC Coach of the Year - 3x SEC Coach of the Year;
One of only two people ever to serve as head coach, assistant coach, and player in a Final Four
Championship Productions delivers a unique opportunity for aspiring basketball players, parents and coaches. Now you can learn effective shooting mechanics, free throw shooting technique and shooting drills from two-time National Championship coach Billy Donovan.
"Billy the Kid," an sharp shooter in his playing days at Providence under coach Rick Pitino, brings you a dynamic and in-depth look at how to become a game-ready shooter. Donovan walks you through an in-depth look at your form and reveals challenging drills that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed on game night.
Are flaws in your form preventing you from being a great shooter? In this segment, Coach Donovan helps you discover why you miss shots. He teaches shooting form starting from your head and progressing to eyes, hands, elbows, legs and feet. He also exposes the three dangers of shooting outside your range and reveals the key to shooting accurate free throws.
These drills deliver high reps in game-like situations such as coming off screens and shooting off the dribble. You will learn how to:
Coach Donovan finishes up with a brutal conditioning drill that will push you through the wall of fatigue and help you develop good shooting habits - even when you're tired.
- Develop effective footwork for coming off of flare screens, down screens, and cross screens.
- Set goals so you can monitor your improvement.
- Shoot under pressure, increase your focus and shoot with accuracy when fatigued.
If you can shoot the basketball, you will have opportunities to play - no matter the level. Coach Donovan is an outstanding shooting coach and gives you a reliable road map to become a great shooter!
This DVD was produced by Championship Productions in association with the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union).
73 minutes. 2013.Basketball Videos