- Excellent age-appropriate, progression-based skills instruction
- Learn drills that are competitive, rewarding, and fun
- A great resource for parents and coaches
with Dr. John Tauer,
University of St. Thomas Head Men's Coach - 2016 NCAA D-III National Champions;
2016 UPS NABC Division III Coach of the Year;
2013 Basketball Times D-III National Coach of the Year; 4x MIAC Champions (2012-15); 2x NCAA D-III Champions (2016, 2011)
has the distinction of having played in, been an assistant coach, and been a head coach in the Division III Final Four.
For the past 16 years, Dr. Tauer has directed his own summer basketball camps, working with thousands of young players. Armed with this rich experience, Tauer has developed a time-tested series of 'hierarchical' skill progressions that challenge and reward every player.
In this youth basketball DVD, Dr. Tauer focuses on building individual skills that are the hallmarks of basketball fundamentals, including:
Unique features of this video include:
- A teaching progression using a hierarchy of drills for each major skill area.This hierarchy of drills increases in complexity to help coaches tailor drills based on individual and team needs.
- A blend of coaching and teaching points that incorporate Tauer's expertise in sport psychology.
- Live clips of youth players allow you to watch the common mistakes and areas of challenge for young players.
Throughout the DVD, Tauer shares valuable coaching tips, highlights positive ways to provide feedback and encouragement, and explains how to make drills more competitive and challenging.
Dr. Tauer's experience as a successful college player and coach, as a long-time director of youth camps for thousands of players and as a psychology professor, make this one of the most insightful DVDs ever made for youth basketball!
120 minutes. 2010.Basketball Videos