- Improve your face-off winning percentage
- Learn 18 set face-off plays
- Incorporate 12 technical skills that are a must for a successful face-off
- Learn in-game strategies for winning more face-offs
with Blaise MacDonald, Colby College Head Coach;
former University of Massachusetts Assistant Coach;
former UMASS-Lowell Head Coach
Face-offs are an area of the game that requires dedicated time in every practice.
Blaise MacDonald feels that a team that can win 55 % of the 50-70 face offs that occur in a typical game definitely has the upper hand in the outcome of the game.
Coach MacDonald's five-part presentation features:
- Technical Skills for the Face off - In this segment, he details 12 specific skills to take into consideration for improving your team's face offs. MacDonald also shares specific in-game coaching tips to put your team in better control of a face-off situation.
- Defensive Zone Strategies - MacDonald shares five specific face-off plays that are designed to get the puck out of the defensive zone as quickly as possible.
- Neutral Zone Strategies - See six proven face-off plays diagrammed and demonstrated.
- Offensive Zone Strategies - MacDonald presents seven successful face offs that cover a variety of game situations.
- Drills and Skills - MacDonald takes his team through a rapid fire series of the face-offs presented to give you a firsthand look at how he trains face-offs with his team on a daily basis.
In all, you get a total of 18 specific face-off plays, each diagrammed and demonstrated, as well as game and practice strategies that are sure to help your team gain an upper hand in winning the face-off battle over your opponents!
55 minutes. 2010.Hockey Videos