Get insights to develop the mental and physical toughness of your program from the winningest coach in NAIA history!
- Develop a program philosophy that adapts to the roster each year, instead of a "one-size-fits-all" approach
- Learn the motivational techniques that Coach Donley has successfully used to help motivate athletes to be the best they can be
- Discover how to effectively deal with change within a football program related to the school
with Kevin Donley,
University of St. Francis Head Coach;
2016 & 2017 NAIA National Champions, 3x NAIA National Runner-Up ('04-'06);
4x NAIA National Coach of the Year ('91, '04, '16, '17);
10x Mid-States Football Association Mideast League Coach of the Year;
back-to-back AFCA NAIA Region 4 Coach of the Year ('16 & '17); 12x MSFA Champions;
distinguished member of the NAIA Hall of Fame ('13);
winningest coach in NAIA history - over 300 career wins (30 winning season, five 13-win seasons)
Developing a football program in a coach's image can be a never-ending task. Kevin Donley - the winningest coach in NAIA history - presents his "Filling the Bucket" approach that has produced over 300 wins, 30 winning seasons, five NAIA National Championship game appearances and the 2016 NAIA National Title.
It all starts with developing a great culture within your program. Donley shares insight into how the relationship between a coach and player can be strengthened while developing players into the best they can be.
All successful programs have a philosophy that players and coaches buy into. Coach Donley focuses on his "Filling the Bucket" approach. You will learn how to get max effort out of players, how develop a physical football program, and how to develop integrity. You will also get 11 key points when dealing with change and potential.
Additionally, Donley explains what he expects in the weight room and how this helps develop culture in a football program.
Filling the Bucket
Coach Donley shows you how to fill a player's bucket so that they reach their fullest potential. You will learn eight key points on how to fill players' buckets, including how to:
- Make players with unlimited potential maximize their abilities.
- Reward players with limited potential, but a high work ethic.
- Develop a physical team in all environments.
- Demand maximum effort while still creating a fun environment.
- Use specialty coaches like a passing game coordinator and defensive run coordinator.
- Create a positive learning environment.
- Limit player distractions.
- Use peer pressure to motivate your players.
Dealing with Change
Learn how to effectively handle things you as a coach cannot control within the school structure. You will see how to overcome program budget cuts as well as dealing with negative attitudes from other coaches.
Coach Donley gives you key pieces to building a championship caliber football program. His interactive "Filling the Bucket" approach gives you the building blocks to create a successful team.
47 minutes. 2018.Football Videos